Home  4 Years

More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Filter by Categories
4 Years

4 Years

April 2023 marks our 4th anniversary and I wanted to say a huge thanks to all the clients who have booked with us during that time and to all the speakers who have spoken for us over those four years.

From our first booking, who was Joanna Rowsell Shand, to our most recent, Darren Edwards (who we booked just yesterday at the time of writing) it has been a fun, challenging, and somewhat constantly changing journey so far. 

Having been booking speakers for over 20 years for various companies before setting up Scamp Speakers, I still remember initially dealing with most enquiries over the phone and the occasional email (when we had to dial in from time to time to allow the emails to arrive). Contracts were either posted or faxed and the first website I worked with just had a list of names on it. 

Things have evolved obviously over time with the growth of the internet and other technologies, but the pandemic really did advance the use of virtual events, and whilst in-person events tend to be taking up about 80% of our bookings again, the other 20% is virtual and definitely going to be with us in the long term. 

So whereas in the past when you received an enquiry you always asked about the date, location, timings, etc now you are asking if is it virtual or in person and if virtual, how will it be streamed, will it be recorded, do they record from home or studio, etc – so there is a greater variety of enquiries than ever before and why we now have two separate contracts for virtual and live events.

Things have started well for 2023 and I hope the rest of the year continues to be so and we very much look forward to working with you all again soon – whether it is a virtual or in-person event. 

As always if we can ever help with an enquiry drop us a line at enquiries@scampspeakers.co.uk or if you are still happy to pick up the phone call us on 020 8854 7274. The fax sadly has long gone though! 

** Just a special mention to these fabulous people who have been particularly supportive over the past four years – Anthony Bennett, James Poulter, Anj Handa, Jon Burkhart, Phil Olley, Matt Ellison, Sophie Bennett, Darren Edwards, Anne Wafula Strike, Winston Clements, and Josh Littlejohn.


We have worked with Matthew for many years and will continue to do so. His knowledge of the Speaker Market and ability to interpret our clients requirements is quite exceptional.

He is incredibly thorough in his approach and always goes that extra mile to ensure everything is exactly as required.

I am always happy working with Matthew, he has great credibility, he is very diverse in his ability to make things happen.

Matthew Fisher and I have worked together for many number of years. I have always found Matt to be honest, good natured and willing to work hard always carefully selecting the best appearances to suit my personality and lifestyle. The work Matthew has delivered for me over the years has varied from schools, colleges, attending film premiers, guest speaking  to name a few all of which I have lots of memories and thoroughly enjoyed.