Winston Ben Clements
Brittle bones survivor, Resilience and Diversity Expert & Speaker
Winston Clements was predicted to live a life of isolation and pain due to a rare bone disorder that stunted his growth, and caused his bones to be extremely fragile (fracturing more than 150 times by age 12). Despite his small stature (3 feet tall) and use of a wheelchair, Winston has taken a stand for a quality of life that knows NO EXCUSESand NO LIMITS.
After graduating with a degree in Computer Science, Winston built a successful corporate career in the technology industry. He is an award-winning speaker, whose powerful message continues to inspire audiences worldwide to break through their own self-imposed barriers. In 2018, Winston delivered a TED talk titled Your Limitations Are An Illusion that has had a massive impact online!
Winston Clements has become extremely popular for his keynote and guest speaking appearances due to his ability to deliver inspirational and practical content, in a humorous and relaxed style. He has partnered with several global organisations and conferences and some of his popular topics include: Overcoming Adversity, Creating Inclusive Cultures & Raising Your Game As A Leader.
Resilience and Change Management – Be Resilient or Resign
- Change is the only constant – be resilient or fall behind
- Thrive in challenging times using the power of reinvention
- It is important to have visible role models who epitomise company values
Diversity and Inclusion – Creating Inclusive Cultures
- Diversity for the sake of metrics will not cut it, inclusion and belonging are the way forward
- Business and ethical case for embracing diversity in an organisation
- Create safe spaces for people to express their uniqueness, creativity and innovation
Leadership, Mindset and Motivation – Raising Your Game As A Leader
- Leadership can be displayed at any level of the organisation and not just at the top of the hierarchy
- Everyone should take extreme ownership of their performance and results
- Shift focus from playing it safe to playing to win
Winston combines very compelling messages with an engaging and positive style. He has received excellent feedback from our people when delivering these sessions. Winston is simply an inspiration.
Winston really makes you think. Why do we accept what we don't need to accept as our place in life. Why do we blame others when we can accept the situation and take "Extreme Ownership" and work out how to turn the challenges we face to our advantage. Key messages for everyone in life and especially in business conveyed with passion and personality.