Gianfranco Chicco is a conference director, marketing strategist, speaker and writer, acting as a cultural translator between different worlds. He has been working in digital since 1999, creating experiences that bring people together by bridging the gap between the digital and physical layers.
Gianfranco is the curator of The Craftsman Newsletter, where he interviews and pays homage to those who take the expression of our humanity to a higher level, and is working on a book on what we can learn from Japanese craftsmen to improve how we live and work.
He is the former European Marketing Director of The Webby Awards & The Lovie Awards, and he has been involved in building, curating, and managing international conferences such as the World Business Forum, Social Media Week, the Picnic Festival and Frontiers of Interaction.
Gianfranco holds an Industrial Engineering degree from the Buenos Aires Institute of Technology (ITBA), and an executive MBA from MIP Politecnico di Milano.
Originally from Argentina, he is also Italian and has lived in Buenos Aires, Milan, Rome, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Madrid, and now London.
Gianfranco Chicco curates and manage conferences, but also does keynote speeches, moderates panels, and acts as an MC. His keynote topics include –
Marketing & Experience Design
- Slow marketing and how to tell better stories using the right channel for your audience. The value of Newsletters and Podcasts.
- Review of the latest technological trends and how they are changing our behaviours and relationships with each other, brands, institutions and governments.
- How to use them to connect better with people, creating business practices that are respectful, ethical, and sustainable.
- Voice Technology: moving beyond the hype and pitfalls to create better brand experiences.
- How to create experiences that bring people together by bridging the gap between the digital and physical worlds. This includes community building, product launches, and events.
- What we can learn from traditional craftsmen to improve how we live and how we work: embodied work, deliberate practice, direct connection with the customer, the community, and nature, the importance of passing on the knowledge, and more.
Gianfranco has visited Kolle Rebbe several times to share the latest trends and developments in the wide field of digital communication and marketing. We were enthusiastic and inspired because his topics, examples and conclusions, which were highly relevant our their daily work.
— Thomas Stritz – Kolle Rebbe (Part of Accenture Interactive)
Gianfranco has been an inspiring speaker at Social Media Week Milan on several occasions. His ability to select the hot, right topic, to make complex subjects simple to understand, and to deliver pleasant speeches and educational sessions has always been a critical success factor for our events.
— Marco Massarotto - Head / Director of Social Media, Strategy and Content
Gian was brilliant whenever he came in to Channel 4 to deliver his motivational and inspiring internet trends talks. The team would always be engaged throughout, asking questions that never phased Gian. He was always able to answer in a detailed yet concise manner. Gian is a talented public speaker.
— Christos Savvides - Executive Producer, Digital - 4Creative (Channel 4)