Enda O’Doherty is an inspirational speaker and endurance athlete who has taken on some of the world’s toughest challenges. His endurance, drive and passion, and ability to convey a message have made him a much sought-after speaker.
As an endurance athlete whose mindset and mental toughness sets him apart, he has completed 9 marathons in 8 days, made even more incredible by the fact he carried a washing machine on his back throughout. Constant change, progression, and growth have seen him attempt to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, 19,000 feet with a washing machine on his back too – both in aid of charity.
Having had an alcohol addiction, which saw him drinking up to four bottles of whiskey a week, Enda realised his life needed to change or the drink was going to kill him. He decided to stop and now sober found a passion for helping others and became an endurance athlete.
Beyond just the marathon running he has also completed in Iron Man Sweden and in Iron Man UK, one of the world’s toughest endurance races, with a 4 km swim, followed immediately by a 180 km bike ride, followed by a full marathon.
Enda is driven by fierce energy and passion, to inspire people to achieve the best they can in a sporting, business, professional or educational field. His passion comes from energizing audiences with stories of his physical and mental challenges that set him out on a journey of self-discovery. His ability to inspire teams, individuals, and businesses sets him apart.
He is also an advocate for positive mental health and a long-term supporter of mental health charities and has published a book “I’m Fine! Thoughts on Life, Addiction, Love and Health”.
Each of Enda’s presentations are written to be the perfect match for your event. Enda will invest time with clients to ensure he is the perfect fit for their event. From dealing with adversity to mental health, secrets of high-performance teams, parenting education, inspiration motivation.
His speaking topics include –
- The Secrets of High Performing Teams – Developing effective High-Performance Teams is the secret to boosting productivity and meeting customer demands.
- The Journey – This presentation tells the amazing story of Enda’s journey from the darkest depth of depression and alcoholism to adventurer, fundraiser, mental health ambassador and athlete.
- The Stressbuster – In an ever-increasing world of pressure and demands this presentation looks at the key triggers and consequences of excess stress.
- The Best Your Child Can Be – Why are my child’s results not better? How much study should my child do? How can I get them motivated?
- Mind Of A Champion – This presentation is ideal for sporting or corporate teams who are facing a new season.
- The Final Step – This high-energy presentation is ideal for any team facing the last step to completing their goal and victory.
“Enda spoke at the end-of-year risk town hall. The feedback from the attendees was extremely positive. Everyone left energised and inspired.”
— Deirdre Hannigan Chief risk officer AIB
“Enda was most professional and very effective as a guest speaker at our recent Sales offsite. His personal story of overcoming adversity through focus and rigorous execution was inspirational. His passion, energy, humour, and audience participation kept us completely engaged throughout. His talk was a key highlight of our offsite. I’d highly recommend Enda and look forward to working with him again in the near future.”
— Gerry Hurley Director, Global Sales Training
“Enda your presentation was amazing!!!! You moved the audience emotionally. Your content is powerful, and your energy and ability to be genuine on stage were fabulous. In my opinion, one of the best motivational speakers I have attended.”
— J Keogh Kerry Foods