August 2021 Book of the Month – Enda O’Doherty
Our August Book of the Month is “I’m Fine! Thoughts on Life, Addiction, Love and Health” by inspirational speaker and endurance athlete Enda O’Doherty.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Co-written with journalist Dermot Keyes, In I’m Fine! Thoughts on Life, Addiction, Love and Health, tells us about Enda’s journey from his youth and alcohol-soaked adulthood, through the birth of Enda 2.0 — sober and with a passion for helping others — to his new life as an endurance athlete and inspirational motivational speaker.
Over a dozen years into sobriety and reveling in his new life, Enda has undergone a physical and emotional reawakening as an endurance athlete, which has, incredibly, included carrying a washing machine from Belfast to Waterford in 2015 (covering nine marathon distances in eight days), and hauling his appliance to within a few hours of the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro in 2017, both in aid of charity. I’m Fine! traces the highs and lows of a life fully lived, the debt he owes to his family, how he has positively exploited his addictive personality, and his passion for teaching, while also disclosing his own survival toolkit on how to make tomorrow better than today. Fuelled by 29 years as a teacher, and 6 years as a motivational speaker, this deeply personal adventure demonstrates the power of the human spirit along with Enda’s efforts to promote positive mental health. Reflective, entertaining, and inspiring, Enda’s story is one worth reading if wringing every drop out of life is on your To-Do list.
Each of Enda O’Doherty’s presentations are written to be the perfect match for your event. Enda O’Doherty will invest time with clients to ensure he is the perfect fit for their event. From dealing with adversity to mental health, secrets of high-performance teams, parenting education, inspiration motivation.
His speaking topics include –
- The Secrets of High Performing Teams – Developing effective High-Performance Teams is the secret to boosting productivity and meeting customer demands.
- The Journey – This presentation tells the amazing story of Enda’s journey from the darkest depth of depression and alcoholism to adventurer, fundraiser, mental health ambassador, and athlete.
- The Stressbuster – In an ever-increasing world of pressure and demands this presentation looks at the key triggers and consequences of excess stress.
- The Best Your Child Can Be – Why are my child’s results not better? How much study should my child do? How can I get them motivated?
- Mind Of A Champion – This presentation is ideal for sporting or corporate teams who are facing a new season.
- The Final Step – This high-energy presentation is ideal for any team facing the last step to completing their goal and victory.