Editor at Large For Wired & Digital Speaker.
David Rowan is currently the Editor-at-large and founding Editor-in-chief of WIRED’s UK edition and a keynote speaker on the digital age.
- Author of Amazon #1 business bestseller Non-Bullshit
- Innovation: Radical Ideas from the World’s Smartest
- Minds (Penguin)
- 600+ keynotes around the world
- Technology columnist: The Times, GQ, Condé Nast
- Event moderator for governments, WIRED, TED,
- World Economic Forum
- Adviser to & investor in 60+ tech startups
David Rowan explains compellingly how emerging technologies will impact business — and how leaders should prepare now. As founding Editor-in-Chief of WIRED magazine’s UK edition, David came to know the founders of WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Google, Didi, Spotify, Xiaomi, Nest, Twitter and countless other ambitious startups from Tel Aviv to Shenzhen.
He has since invested in more than 60 early-stage tech companies, including two that became billion-dollar “unicorns”, and is an adviser to Lakestar, one of Europe’s largest venture-capital funds. David’s Amazon #1 business bestseller Non-Bullshit Innovation: Radical Ideas from the World’s Smartest Minds (Penguin, 2019) has been published in Japan, Korea, Russia, Ukraine and beyond. The book, a 20-country quest for bold corporate innovation in the face of technology-led disruption, sets out sixteen proven strategies for future-proofing a successful business — helping leaders build resilience in a post-COVID-19 world.
David has been a technology columnist for The Times, GQ, Condé Nast Traveller and The Sunday Times, and hosts a new podcast series about tech founders called Walks With Founders. He has been asked to give more than 600 keynotes in recent years, and has received repeat requests to present for clients such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Google, KPMG, McKinsey, Chanel and Unilever. David has moderated events for the World Economic Forum and the UK and French governments, and is increasingly in demand to host webinars and virtual conferences. David deconstructs tech trends in real time, unpacking how major innovations like artificial intelligence, quantum computing, autonomous vehicles, and more, are changing businesses and consumers.
He focuses on how technology-led innovation can build prosperity even in economic downturns and amid the COVID-19 crisis. He delivers fascinating and knowledgeable presentations full of insight into the future of technology together with lively examples and engaging video clips which reveal that, in some cases, the future is already here. He’s typically asked to speak about how innovation and technology are likely to impact a particular sector (from manufacturing to motoring), and what incumbent companies can do to protect themselves. He customises every talk, and in recent months has addressed audiences in finance, fashion, utilities, television, insurance, shipping, travel, real estate and business software. He also speaks a lot about changing business models, and how companies can develop a culture of innovation.
And he is still searching for the future.
David Rowan is in international demand as a keynote speaker, event host and moderator, after-dinner speaker and webinar presenter. He travels frequently, and has a home studio at his London base for online presentations and moderating. His current keynote topics include:
- FINDING OPPORTUNITY AMID THE CRISIS: Technology offers hope for optimism as we emerge from the coronavirus crisis. Here are the growth opportunities — from re-inventing supply chains to rethinking education to building new brand heroes.
- WHY BUSINESS INNOVATION HAS NEVER MATTERED MORE: COVID-19 has forced business leaders to move insanely fast to adapt. But how do you build a culture of effective innovation? Here are the lessons from David’s 20-nation quest for non-bullshit innovation.
- TEN LESSONS FROM THE NON-BULLSHIT INNOVATORS: David Rowan travelled across the world to understand what it takes for businesses and governments to leverage digital transformation in exciting ways. He shares ten lessons from his new book Non-Bullshit Innovation that can be applied to all sorts of organisations.
- WHAT TECHNOLOGY MEANS FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR INDUSTRY: David researches and prepares bespoke presentations for client meetings. Recent subjects have included the future of food and drink (clients including Unilever, Coca-Cola, Barilla); the future of aviation (IATA); the future of real estate (CBRE, Leading Real Estate, Cushman & Wakefield); the future of media (Sky, Schibsted, BBC); the future of healthcare (BUPA, Vitality, Kaiser Permanente); the future of financial services (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan).
- THE FUTURE OF THE WORKPLACE: How to attract talent, and motivate your team to perform its best work, in a fast-changing world when the “workplace” is more fluid than ever before.
- WHY IT’S TIME TO CHALLENGE THE TECH MONOPOLIES
- THE TEN NEW RULES OF BUSINESS
- HOW TO OPTIMISE CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT
- WHY PURPOSE PLUS PROFIT IS THE NEW MANTRA
It has gone down a storm. Most people telling me it was one of the most inspirational speeches they have ever heard.
— Best Buy