The Future of Work – James Poulter
In our second piece on innovation, we focus on the Future of Work and what technology changes are afoot, and how companies should be adapting to keep pace. In particular, we wanted to highlight one speaker we work with – James Poulter.
James Poulter is the former Head of Lego Group’s Emerging Platform team and founder of Vixen Labs and is a leading thought leader and keynote speaker on the future of work, voice technology, conversational artificial intelligence, and social media.
Launched on the 13th October 2020, James and his team at Vixen Labs launched the “The Vixen Labs Voice Commerce Report 2020”
2020 has been a big year for voice assistants and the voice technology industry at large. James and his team have taken a deep look into the impact COVID has had on the voice industry and in particular what that has done for voice users researching products and services, searching for them, and buying them via voice.
In the study they found –
- 40% of UK users are making purchases via voice.
- 80% use voice to search for product and service information.
The report digs deep into how 4 key sectors (Finance, Retail, Entertainment, and Food Delivery) can utilise voice commerce. For each industry, key demographics and consumer habits are featured, providing a unique strategic deep dive.
To grab a copy of the report is available on the Vixen Labs website.
In addition to his work at Vixen, James is the founder of Voice2, the UK’s leading Voice and Conversational Ai Community and previously as Head of The LEGO Group’s Emerging Platforms & Partnerships team as part of the Digital Consumer Engagement division, James pursued new technologies, platforms, and partners to build digital consumer engagement with LEGO customers, shoppers, and consumers on a global basis.
Prior to joining LEGO, James worked for a number of the world’s leading marketing, advertising, and public relations firms including Edelman and Ogilvy leading digital marketing, mobile and social campaigns both in EMEA and globally as well as new business efforts for clients such as Diageo, Unilever, Bose, PayPal, HP, and Adobe.
James is in demand as a keynote speaker for technology events and private client events and speaks on subjects such as –
- Ambient Technology –In this presentation, James talks on the impact of voice assistance, AI, and conversational technology and how it is becoming the anecdote to our digital distraction and the impact it will have and can have in the future. Learn where to begin in the world of voice marketing and move towards it.
- 2025 – Autonomous Connected & Enabled – In this presentation, James takes you into the not too distant future to look at the real impact of new and advancing existing technologies and how they will impact individuals’ lives in a 24 hour period, and what long term benefits they will bring.
- How technology is changing the way we connect face to face
- The Ethics & Morality of Digital Technology
- Play + Work = Innovation Culture – When we blend the best of play with the best of work we get a culture that truly moves people to innovation. In this talk, James will show you where your organisation sits on the “innovation pendulum” and how you can shift from a siloed approach to a culture of innovation.
To learn more about James or to enquire about him speaking at your event please email us at email@example.com or call on 020 8854 72747.