Alison Edgar MBE – Twice Best Selling Author and Global Change Maker’
“Alison delivers clear business impact, with a human touch and personable approach.”
In a world full of conference speakers, Alison Edgar MBE is a relatable figure for audiences around the globe, providing them with lasting impact and inspiration that resonates, not only from a workplace situation, but their whole lives. Working in the corporate world until she was age 46, Alison understands first-hand the challenges that delegates face on a daily basis. Alison champions actionable takeaways for every audience, and her upbeat, passionate delivery style rubs off on even the most sceptical audience members.
Twice voted one of the UK’s top 10 business advisors, Alison is an expert in improving performance inside organisations. Throughout her years advising small businesses, she has analysed the important factors that make them successful. Alison takes these lessons and applies them to big business, enhancing motivation, communication, and agility. She is known both for her practical tools – such as Alison Edgar’s Big Balls ® – that teams can implement immediately and for the ground-breaking and lasting impact she has on audiences. Alison combines anecdotal evidence with actionable takeaways to ensure that the information she delivers is not just theoretical, but practical too.
Alison was awarded an MBE on the Queen’s Birthday Honours list in 2020 for her services to entrepreneurship and business. As a late-diagnosed dyslexic author of two international best-selling books, Alison champions that no barrier should hold you back from achieving your goals, be it age, race, gender, or disability. Her teachings have pioneered culture change, enhanced performance and transformed mindsets within her 5* global clientele; including Adobe, Amazon, Metlife, easyJet, WHSmith, Currys and Barratt Homes.
Alison is a sought-after media contributor, and recently became a boardroom advisor for a new business TV show launching on Amazon Prime UK & US, which is airing 2023.
Intrapreneurship: Adopting an Agile Approach
Wouldn’t it be great if every employee had the same passion, ambition, and drive as the business owner? An intrapreneur does.
Intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs share three fundamental values:
- Agility and adaptability to change
In this interactive and engaging talk, Alison delves into her years of research surrounding what makes top performers feel like they are running their own business, extracting the critical framework to enable your audience to harness an intrapreneurial mindset which will inspire continuous improvement and adaptability.
This talk is perfect for you if:
- You have a team of employees or leaders who would benefit from a boost in morale
- You are looking for a way to inspire innovative and outside-of-the-box thinking within your team
- You are looking for actionable takeaways that your team can implement straight away to improve work/life balance, well-being, communication, and motivation
- Understanding why mindsets change over time and how they can maintain an agile approach every day to improve resilience and work/life balance
- Understanding the four behaviour types to build effective relationships with customers and colleagues will enhance communication and reduce friction
- Understanding the importance of their role and the impact they have in the broader organisation to boost morale and motivation
SMASH IT! The Art of Getting What YOU Want
Working towards your goals can often feel overwhelming and like you’re never going to achieve them, so what is the point anyway?
The truth is, the reason we feel like that is that when we are setting personal and professional goals, we are missing the fundamental elements to success. Chances are, we haven’t analysed why we want what we want and what percentage of effort and resilience is required to achieve it.
Research shows that a lack of goals inside of an organisation can increase churn, reduce motivation, and ultimately have a significant impact on mental health and well-being in the workplace.
In this interactive and upbeat talk, Alison Edgar MBE inspires audiences to take control of their personal and professional goals, encouraging delegates to step out of their comfort zone to enhance well-being and motivation.
This talk is perfect for you if:
- You have a team of employees who would benefit from a boost in morale
- You are looking to boost team motivation by teaching effective personal and professional goal setting
- You are looking for a solution to help your team overcome workplace hurdles and build resilience
- Communication and effective collaboration throughout the workforce could be improved
- Understanding how to set effective personal and professional goals and actually achieve them
- Understanding what holds you back from getting what you want
- Understanding how collaboration and effective communication can help you to achieve your goals
Overcoming Adversity – Alison’s personal story
Follow Alison Edgar MBE’s empowering yet relatable story as she breaks free from childhood adversity, poverty and imposter syndrome to become a twice best-selling author and one of the few women to awarded an MBE for her services to entrepreneurship and business.
Leaving the corporate world and starting her own business at age 46, Alison tells the story of the important lessons she has learned throughout her life, showing that it’s never too late to achieve your goals, and no barrier should hold you back from achieving them.
From fighting imposter syndrome to nearly losing her life during childbirth, Alison connects with audience members like no other speaker, empowering delegates to understand that no matter where they came from, anything is possible with the power of resilience.
This talk is perfect for you if:
- You are looking for somebody to inspire and motivate your team
- You may have heard from Olympians or explorers in the past, but are now looking for somebody whom your audience can directly relate to
- Your team may suffer from imposter syndrome or a lack of confidence in achieving their personal and professional goals
- You want to boost resilience among your team
- How to overcome imposter syndrome to achieve your goals
- Understanding that every day is a school day and how to remain resilient in the face of adversity
- How to fight the shackles of negative past experiences to take control and mould your own future
Alison is simply a ball of energy, she is so passionate about sales and selling.
Very accomplished and authentic"
— Steve Lovell – Natwest
“After the session I felt that everyone in the group started to become more confident in their plans, or started to see what they had to work on the get what they want both in their work life and personal life. Thank you Alison for opening my teams' eyes to an 'intrapreneurial' way of thinking.”
— Ciara, WHSmith
"Alison hosted a workshop at our Women in Sales Summit and was a fantastic asset to the event. Alison’s session was oversubscribed with standing room only. She was a breeze to work with and I look forward to working with her at the next Summit"
— Isabella, Women in Sales Summit