Entrepreneur & Business Speaker
Simon Biltcliffe is an award winning CEO, international public speaker and business expert; widely acclaimed for his talks on his Marxistcapitalist business model, as well as talks on employee motivation and running a thriving organisation in the 21st century.
An IoD Director of the Year, he is the founder and CEO of national print services agency, Webmart and the world’s first digitally driven print platform, Trade Print Management. From starting Webmart with just £10,000 of his own savings, Simon has turned the business into a £30 million turnover organisation with just 44 employees whilst implementing his unconventional business model and maximising everyone’s I.E.F (Intellectual, Emotional and Financial) return.
Driven by his strong moral values, Simon implements capitalist principles in his business to generate the wealth of the organisation and Marxist principles to redistribute that wealth back to the company and the wider community. The success and originality of this business model has led to Simon speaking on this topic at various conferences and events.
Simon is a experienced speaker and has spoken to large audiences at many events from TEDx, The Marketing Academy, IoD conferences as well as guest talks at the IMD in Lausanne, Harvard Business School, IIT Bombay and the University of Oxford, Saïd Business School to name just a few.
Simon also offers up his time to attend local community initiatives such as young enterprise, and he also extensively mentors individuals, from Olympic athletes to students trying to set up businesses – and all in between.
Simon’s esteemed career in the print industry has lead him to be in the Print Week Power 100 for the last 10 years and the success Webmart has resulted in the business picking up awards from the National Business Awards over the past 3 years, including Employer of the Year in 2016 – Highly Commended
Simons Biltcliffe speaks at conferences and events, and some of his keynote speeches include –
• The Webmart Story –the importance of originality and creativity
• The Webmart Way: How to Run a Marxist Business in a Capitalist World. –
• Insights from the Edge: Extreme CEO. – From the grueling heat of the Sahara to the far-flung frozen lakes of the Polar Circle; Simon Biltcliffe has braved several unusual challenges, and raised thousands for charity. Now he shares his insights from the edge: lessons learned from these extreme adventures and how they can be bought into the office environment.
• How to differentiate in a commoditised market.
• SEXi Business – Emotional, Intellectual and Financial Return. –Simon explains the vital importance of meeting the Emotional, Intellectual and Financial needs of employees, customers and suppliers alike; how true leadership is not just about carrots and sticks, but about trust and transparency from both parties.
• Reinventing the CEO.
“Simon is a one-off. He’s a gruff, challenging, outspoken and dynamic business leader with a glass that’s definitely half full who leaves your head spinning with ideas and enthusiasm. If you want someone who’ll challenge and engage your audience, that’s brimming with business savvy – and if you want someone to make you look good for booking a speaker with a difference – then Simon’s your man!”
— Timpson Ltd.
“[Simon’s] content was authentic and tangible, filled with creative examples of his own leadership and innovation. He invested upfront to be informed of the context and audience, Which showed in the quality and relevance of his presentation. His delivery was engaging and interactive but also direct with an edge where appropriate. We could have kept him occupied with Q&A for several hours. Simon’s not your typical player on the corporate speaker circuit! As the owner of the event, he made me look good – with widespread positive feedback on the day”
— Rob, Finance Director ASDA