Leadership & Change Speaker
Blaire Palmer is an authoritative speaker on leadership in change, having spent over 20 years in the boardrooms of international and global companies.
Blaire is a leadership consultant, author, and keynote speaker on future trends in business. In her speeches, she reveals her insights into business and challenges ideas about leadership and change by inspiring people to find ways to start running their companies in partnership with their people and to lose their ego.
Blaire was one of youngest female producers of the BBC’s flagship “Today Programme” on Radio 4. She spent over ten years dealing with breaking news stories and helping to shape the news agenda before her fascination with leadership and change led her to train as one of the UK’s first corporate coaches.
Blaire offers original thinking on leadership and looks at how businesses should be adapting what they know, throw out the rule book and have a model of working that the modern world now needs.
Blaire has hands-on experience as a coach working with leaders and CEO’s so her speeches aren’t academic but drawn from insights and supporting leaders and guiding them to make changes.
As a successful author, she has written three books on leadership and is often quoted in the national media.
A charming and warm speaker, Blaire Palmer is a straight talker and inspires audiences and leaders with her new ideas and helps businesses re-think how they work in the 21st Century.
Her speaking topics include –
• Punks in Suits – It’s time leaders revealed more of the Punk underneath their suit. At a time when trust in major institutions is in crisis, when a disrupter is threatening to come up your blind side and change your industry forever, when your Gen Y (not to mention the incoming iGens) want work to be meaningful and purposeful, and when digital disruption, global teams, and agile working are making the job ever more complex, it’s time to get back to basics.
• A Brilliant Gamble – Everyone knows that change is now a constant. However, letting go of habits, beliefs, processes, and attachments that no longer serve you (or your company) is another matter. Too many companies talk about change but keep a foot in both camps – carrying on what they’ve done historically while trying to innovate. Sorry folks. It’s time to place your bets. Stay in the past. Alternatively, embrace the future. Moreover, if you’re serious about change relying on outdated notions of how to bring it about is going to get you into deep trouble.
In her new speech “You Don’t Have To Be Mad To Work Here” she shares the universal lessons she learnt on the road about burnout and mental balance. Not only will Blaire’s speeches inspire your leaders to rethink their own leadership, busting myths about what they thought leadership entails and presenting a more human, collaborative approach to leading through change, but in this new speech she helps leaders develop the skills and awareness to maintain their peak performance without sacrificing their mental health.
Blaire Palmer has put together a new presentation for parents – Working from Home With Kids Webinar
With mass home working and mass home education a fact of life right now, many families are struggling. In this webinar author, executive coach and keynote speaker, Blaire Palmer, will help parents working from home with kids at home figure out how to remain productive while balancing family responsibilities.
Blaire will share –
- The ‘maths’ of working at home and educating at home – how to use the hours available to do both.
- The 3 ‘Zones’ she uses to organise work so that she can spend time with her daughter without compromising relationships with clients
- Lessons from a home educator – revealing the most common mistakes of new home educators and revealing strategies that are sustainable for the longer term
- Some tips for looking after yourself and relationships in the home during what will be an intense time ahead
Blaire Palmer was everything the EAIE wanted in a leadership speaker. In only 45 minutes she was able to turn everyone’s perceptions of leadership and management on its head. Blaire was extremely relevant and was able to clearly and simply get her message across to our international audience. She is a must have for any conference! Highly recommended!
— Nicole Hardaker - Conference Programme Coordinator (EAIE)
I don’t think we would have achieved the success we did without the determined, consistent, honest and challenging support that blaire and her team brought to the project.
— Steve Hardy - Former CEO, AXA Personal Lines.
Blaire's presentation was inspiring, relevant, fresh and fun. There was a great sense of collaboration at our top 100 leaders meeting today, and that was, in no small way, down to the thought-provoking messages and enthusiasm that blaire brought to the event. Just what we needed.
— Petar Cvetkovic Chief Executive, DX Group
Blaire offers a wealth of experience in her field, all relevant to todays business demands, and coupled with an engaging, warm and thought- provoking delivery style, has given me and my colleagues some valuable insights and actions to take and make a positive difference!
— Kosta Christofi, Santander UK