Leading out of Lockdown – Phil Olley
A Happy New Year to everyone. As we enter into 2022 many people might be seeing this year as an opportunity for a fresh start. This month we will be offering some news pieces that reflect this fresh beginning and to start with Inspirational Speaker Phil Olley has offered us his insights into the challenges leaders face in this new business environment and how they can adapt to get 2022 off to the best start possible. Phil’s sessions can work as away-day sessions, half-day workshops, or for a keynote speech.
Leading out of Lockdown – Phil Olley
The Challenge of Leadership in the New Business Environment
The past two years’ uncertainty, volatility, and turbulence has had an unprecedented impact on teams, on individuals, and on organisations throughout the world. If you are looking to get 2022 off to a ‘flying start, this is especially important. The resulting change in workstyle has created a permanent shift. Many people have more autonomy, many have a change in work environment (working from home, for example), and gone are many of the working patterns of the past. A new sense of what’s important to individuals in the way they work and the sort of work they want to do is emerging.
What does this mean for leaders in the new environment?
This is particularly important as teams look to reconnect in 2022… setting up the year ahead, with a desire for renewed focus, energy, clarity.
- Not all teams will be coming back to the workplace, some may stay working from home, some may choose a hybrid option.
- Leaders will have to change their style to get the most from their people and their teams.
- They will have to understand why not all team members will want to return to the office, and in fact, many much prefer to work alone, to be ‘left to just get on with things.
- And why others will be desperate to reconnect and forge ahead collectively.
- And how to lead and a team with disparate approaches, more fragmented than ever before (in workstyle and location).
This session with Phil Olley helps leaders and teams to:
- discover how to use ‘The NEXUS Principles’ to navigate the unfamiliar territory of the new business climate.
- discover how to generate engagement, fulfillment, and connection in turbulent times.
- promote a new team ethos – a culture of achievement – a mindset fit for the business world of today and tomorrow.
- And how to create clarity, certainty, and a fresh energy for the year ahead, and beyond.
Being the team of yesterday is not enough for the new environment. This session is for those teams, businesses, and individuals for whom “OK” is not enough. It’s for those who don’t want to ‘settle for average’. It’s for those who want to embrace the shift and thrive, rather than merely survive. Phil promises, and delivers, a breakthrough in thinking and performance.
You’ll never view leadership and teamwork the same way ever again.
ABOUT PHIL OLLEY
Phil Olley is a sought-after inspirational speaker and international author, who works with companies and individuals throughout the world to help them dramatically enhance performance, improve results, and achieve their goals.
Having had an exciting military career, Phil entered business in 1990. His experience of leadership in the military coupled with his ‘business baptism’ in sales, and a passion about how to overcome adversity, ensure his speeches are packed with real-life examples, delivered with creativity and clarity.
Author of 3 books (currently working on his fourth), Phil is no stranger to the media. He has written articles and columns for many magazines, has appeared on prime-time TV a number of times, and regularly features on BBC radio.
For more information on Phil please visit his webpage or email us as firstname.lastname@example.org
NB – Phil Olleys next Nexus Reconnect event takes place on the 14th January 2022. For more information or to register interest please contact Phil directly at email@example.com