Debbie Catt is a highly experienced Corporate Communications and Public Relations Consultant and acclaimed Trainer with an excellent reputation as an entertaining and inspiring Speaker.
She has an outstanding track record of success in media, public, corporate, customer and government relations.
Her unique range of skills and expertise has been developed over three decades of working with major companies and high profile organisations in both the private and public sectors.
Some of her achievements have included
- THE RANK GROUP – Managing and co-ordinating the launch of 11 brand new separate entertainment venues in one unique leisure destination. These included a 3,000 seat Odeon Cinema, two nightclubs, and a casino
- BINGO – The Bingo Industry was strictly controlled by the 1968 Gaming Act, preventing even the use of the word ‘Bingo’ in any promotional material and Debbie was involved in helping to change the law to allow advertising of Bingo
- MECCA BINGO – To help launch more than 30 Mecca Bingo Clubs in less than 2 years.
- BT SWIMATHON – Promote Europe’s largest Swim Marathon and help raise more than £1 million for the ChilldLine charity
- SOUTHEAST ENGLAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY – To organise their annual attendance at MIPM (the world’s leading real estate conference and exhibition) and raise the region’s profile
- DAIRY CREST – Helped to manage the transition from fully managed milk rounds to individual franchised businesses in the Thames and Essex regions
Debbie is also a qualified and experienced Careers Adviser and has provided invaluable assistance to companies and organisations advising on recruitment, training staff to be more effective interviewers and assisting with redundancy and career change situations.
Practical as well as entertaining, Debbie’s presentations give invaluable techniques and tips on how to promote yourself and your business more effectively. She is a firm believer in Get the Person Right, Get the Business Right!
Debbie’s expertise comes from her front line experience which has covered a wide range of industries including leisure, chemicals, telecoms, manufacturing, healthcare and automotive.
She has specific skills in crisis management from handling hostile and sensitive situations involving, for example, environmental issues, accidents and fatalities, confrontational pressure groups, takeover bids, and company closures.
Her speaking topics include –
- Dealing with the Media – Ordeal or Opportunity?
- Customer Relations – Attract Customers and Keep Them Happy and Loyal
- Crisis Management – How to Prepare for and Manage Negative Situations
- No More If Onlys – Everyone has something they want to do but haven’t quite got round to doing it. Debbie helps people of all ages achieve their ambitions
- Be The Best You Can Be – Practical techniques and tips to overcome obstacles and setbacks
- If You Don’t Know Where You’re Going – You’ll End Up Somewhere Else – How to check out exactly what you want from life – and make it happen
- Everyone Needs a Helping Hand – Why try and tackle a problem on your own? Surround yourself with a support network to advise, guide and encourage you on the road to achieving your goals and ambitions
- Public Speaking – Do It With Confidence – Presenting yourself and your ideas clearly and confidently can help you achieve your goals and ambitions
Debbie currently lectures at Kingston University on BA and MA courses and has devised a unique module (the only one in the country) that enables MA Graduates to become Accredited Chartered Institute of Public Relations Practitioners.
“Debbie has worked with us and been an invaluable resource for more than four years. She has transformed our internal and external communications, improved the company’s profile and reputation and provided the highest quality advice and guidance both in a strategic and tactical context, right across the company. Her positive attitude and enthusiasm make her a delight to work with, and she has always gone far more than the extra mile for us.”
— Julien Payne, Owner and Managing Director, Titleworth Healthcare
“Debbie was brilliant at helping me with speaking in public. She knows exactly how to engage an audience and draw them in whether it’s for a 60-second ‘elevator pitch’ or a longer talk. I feel so much more confident now when I get up to speak. She has also helped me with copywriting and I use her tips when I write my client e-newsletters and they really work!. Here’s a response to my last one: “I so love your newsletters! They are truly impressive in their professionalism - like someone writing for Vogue!”
— Hilary Fisher, Personal Style Consultant, Richmond Personal Style
“I have worked with Debbie Catt since November 2016 on a second year undergraduate marketing communications module. Debbie’s valuable practitioner experience helped bring the subject to life for the students, with interesting examples and real-life challenges presented in a very engaging, interactive way. Debbie’s enthusiasm also motivated several students to consider their future career plans and her helpful advice on job applications was invaluable.”
— Dr Deborah Anderson, Director of Learning and Teaching, Kingston Business School, Kingston University, London